Inquiry into rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and other living things; communities and the relationship within and between them; access to equal opportunities; peace and conflict resolution.
Resources are not evenly produced and distributed.
Causation – why is it like it is?
Responsibility – what is our responsibility?
Lines of Inquiry:
– How resources are produced (causation)
– The effect of uneven distribution of resources (causation) (responsibility)
impact, resources, prejudice and fairness, rights
– What impact does the distribution of resources have? What effect does it have locally and globally?
– What does finite and infinite mean?
– How are we responsible for our resources as a global village?
– How are we responsible for the production and distribution of resources?
Key Transdisciplinary Skills:
Thinking Skills –
– I look closely and carefully at knowledge or ideas so that I can see the important points and identify issues;
– I see relationships between ideas and information presented in a range of places;
– I find unique features in ideas or information;
– I separate ideas and information into groups according to categories or themes.
– I accept responsibility for myself and my actions;
– I respect others, their needs and their differences.
– I listen carefully to the explanations, ideas and suggestions of others;
– I read a wide range of texts to identify the main idea and summarise the key points;
– I write for different purposes and different audiences;
– I view a wide range of texts and identify the main ideas.