Term 3 Week 6

Homework DUE this Friday, 23rd August

Reading

We certainly have a bunch of enthusiastic readers in our midst! If you’re not enthused by reading, have a chat with me. We can find something you’ll be sure to like!

Remember to bring your signed Premier’s Reading Challenge form to me once you have completed a book so you can receive your $50 reward and add a sticker to our star chart.

Reading this week – please read at least 3 nights for at least 15 minutes and ask a parent to sign your diary.

Maths

Review your maths goal. Have you reached it? If not, what could you do to continue working towards your goal? (Make a time to conference with Mrs Henderson if you need some assistance working towards your goal).

How can you provide evidence that you have reached your goal? Your evidence will need to go into your Evernote shared notebook, so using something like Explain Everything won’t work.

Perhaps you could film yourself, or your voice explaining, or you could take a series of photos of you completing an example, and explain how this demonstrates your understanding.

Inquiry

Complete a Reflection of this unit of inquiry by answering the following questions as a comment below:

I have discovered…

I made a good choice during this inquiry when I…

I am still unsure about…

One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is…

23 thoughts on “Term 3 Week 6

1. I have discovered that the moon moves 1 2.5 inches away from the earth
    I made a good choice during this inquiry is when I gave away my sun
    I am still unsure about how gravity works
    One thing I have learnt about my self as a researcher is that I am good at finding things out

2. I have discovered that there are more than just 8 planets there are 10 to 14 planets in and out of our solar system.
    I made a good choice during this inquiry when I and nick and Jordan was working really good.
    I am still unsure about what the gold particle in the Big Bang was made of.
    One thing I have learnt about myself an a researcher is work well and have fun

3. I have discovered that Uranus has 27 moons
    I made a good choice when I joined in with suggesting ideas and doing what I was told
    I do not know much about Neptune
    One thing I have learnt about myself as a researcher is that I can find information quickly

4. I have discovered that there are other stars bigger then the sun.
    I made a good choice during this inquiry when I asked a questions.
    I am still unsure of how the gravity works.
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that I am open-mined.

• I made a good choose when I helped my friends do paper mache.

I am still unsure of how many particles make up the rings around Saturn.

5. I have discoverd that the whole solar system started with some dust and gas.
    I made a good choice in this inquiry when I became the researcher of my group.
    I’m still unsure about how every planet had aligned in to our orbit .
    One thing I have learnt about my self as a reasercher is I use the key words to get directly to my topic.

6. I have discovered that a star is born from a nebula
    I made a good choice during this inquiry when I researched my questions and double checked them
    I am still unsure about all the elements
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that the moon moves 1 2.5 inches away each year.

7. 1. I have discovered that our galaxy is slowly moving towards a black hole and if that happends we will warp through space and time to a different space in the universe but about 59 trillion years later
    2. I made a good choice during this inquiry when I was finding out about the universe/galaxy/solar system/space
    3. I am still unsure about what caused the Big Bang
    4. One thing I have learns about myself as a researcher is that I can research amazing I formation when I am focused and not fazed by other children around me.

8. I have discovered that earth is the only planet capable of sustaining life
    I made a good choice doing this inquiry when I started planning our projects.
    I am still unsure if my plans for project will work.
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that Neptune does not have non-sapient life in its ocean.

9. I have discovered Uranus has eleven know rings aroud it

I’m made a good choice during this inquiry when I. Gave everything my best on the solar system on Tuesday.

I am unsure about how the rings were made on Uranus and whatever the other two were.

One thing I have learnt about my self as a researcher is I learnt a lot about Jupiter and Uranus

10. I have discovered that a star is born in a nebula.
    I have made a good choice during this inquiry when I was working well with my other classmates and let them share ideas when doing our project.
    I am still unsure of some of the elements and some other things.
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that I can find my answer through the key words or asking someone about it.

11. I have discovered that there is a red giant that is way bigger than our sun.
    I made a good choice during inquiry when I asked for questions.
    I am not sure when the rover on mars will get its mission done?
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that i am thinker.

12. I have discovered that if chunks of the sun come off it will not hurt us.

I have made a good decision during this inquiry when I concentrated with my work group.

One thing I have learnt about my self as a researcher is that I am a good researcher.

I am still not sure how black holes are formed.

13. I have discovered that a star is born from a nebula.
    I made a good choice during this inquiry when I researched my questions and double checked them.
    I am still unsure about all the elements.
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that the moon moves 12.5 inches away from Earth each year.

14. I have discovered that the universe started with the Big Bang.

I made a good choice during this inquiry when I worked with my group to do the paper mache.

I am still unsure about how the Big Bang started.

One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that I know how to correctly research the topic and find a reliable answer.

15. I have discovered that some planets are made of gas
    I made a good choice during this inquiry when I when I chose my partners for my project because we worked well
    I am still unsure about…
    One thing I have learned about myself as a researcher is that never use wiki

16. I HAVE DISCOVERED: how imported the sun is, i’ve learned about gravity, also i’ve learned about elements , atoms and about the universe.

I MADE A GOOD CHOIES WHEN I was waching the teacher and learning more about the universe and are solar sytem.

I’M STILL UNSURE ABOUT mattar and what matter is.

ONE THING I LEARNED AOUT MY SELF AS A RESEARCHER IS that im quick to found things and to write what i think about the imfo.

17. I HAVE DISCOVERED:
    How important some things are when I never actually thought were that important. How big or small planets can be.

I MADE A GOOD CHOICE DURING THIS INQUIRY WHEN I:
    Was actually doing my work on space, not just saying this is boring when it isn’t and getting on with it.

I AM STILL UNSURE ABOUT:
    What are each planets names are and what order they go in of the solar system.

ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF AS A RESEARCHER IS:
    That I am actually interested in a topic at school and find myself more confident with activities we do on this topic.

18. I HAVE DISCOVERED that the Sun is 4 and a half billion years old.

I MADE A GOOD CHOICE WHEN I chose what to do in some of our project.

I’M STILL UNSURE ABOUT the Big Bang and how it started.

ONE THING I LEARNED ABOUT MY SELF AS A RESEARCHER IS that you can’t just rely on wiki all the time because it is not always right.